- Forthcoming. ‘Unpacking a charge of emotional irrationality: An exploration of the value of anger in thought’, Philosophical Papers, DOI: 10.1080/05568641.2021.1984981
- 2021. ‘The limits of direct modulation of emotion for moral enhancement‘, Bioethics 35, 192-198, DOI: 10.1111/bioe.12800.
- 2020. ‘Moving between frustration and anger’, Global Discourse 2-3, 215-231. Special edition on ‘The politics of negative emotions’, DOI: 10.1332/204378919X15737047299120
- 2019. ‘The dictates of conscience: Can they justify conscientious refusals in healthcare contexts?’, The Cambridge Quarterly of Healthcare Ethics 28:2, 303-315. DOI: 10.1017/S0963180119000112.
- 2018. ‘Emotionally guiding our actions’, Canadian Journal of Philosophy 48:1, 43-64. DOI: 10.1080/00455091.2017.1334440.
- 2018. ‘How emotions do not provide reasons to act’, Philosophia 46:3, 555-574. DOI 10.1007/s11406-017-9896-y.
- 2016. ‘A defence of Wiredu’s project of conceptual decolonisation’, South African Journal of Philosophy 35: 235-248. DOI: 10.1080/02580136.2016.1176349. (Reprinted as a book chapter in Etieyibo, ed. 2018.)
- 2021. Caroline Gevaert (Twente), Mary Carman (Wits), Benjamin Rosman (Wits), Yola Georgiadou (Twente) and Robert Soden (Toronto). ‘Fairness and accountability of AI in Disaster Risk Management: Opportunities and challenges’, Patterns, 2(11). DOI: 10.1016/j.patter.2021.100363
- 2021. Mary Carman and Benjamin Rosman. ‘Applying a principle of explicability to AI research in Africa: should we do it?’, Ethics and Information Technology 23, 107-117. DOI: 10.1007/s10676-020-09534-2 [PDF][journal]
- 2021. A. E. Fischer, W. D. F. Venter, S Collins, M. Carman, S. T. Lalla-Edwards. ‘The readability of informed consent forms for research studies conducted in South Africa’, South African Medical Journal 111(2), 180-183. DOI: 10.7196/SAMJ.2021.v111i2.14752
- Forthcoming. Review of David Papineau (2021), The Metaphysics of Sensory Experience. [Oxford University Press.] Journal of Consciousness Studies.
- 2020. Review of George Hull, editor (2018), Debating African Philosophy: Perspectives on Identity, Decolonial Ethics and Comparative Philosophy [Routledge.] Johannesburg Review of Books, 3 July 2020.
- 2016. Review of Martha Nussbaum (2016), Anger and Forgiveness: Resentment, Generosity, Justice. [Oxford: Oxford University Press.] Philosophical Papers 45: 335-341. DOI: 10.1080/05568641.2016.1199173
- 2014. Review of Tim Crane (2014), Aspects of Psychologism. [Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press.] Journal of Consciousness Studies 21:11-12, pp. 158-164.